CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Black bean chili

4 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tsp ground cumin
1 can chopped green chilis
2 cans (15 oz) black beans drained and rinsed
2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
salt
Frozen corn

Directions:
In a large sauce pan, heat oil and add onion; cook until softened. Add garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. To the pan add chilis, beans tomatoes and their juices, 2 cups water and 3/4 tsp salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer partially covered until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
In a blender, puree 2 cups of the stew. Return the puree to the pan and add frozen corn. Simmer until heated through.. about 5 minutes. Serve with cheese on top (I used monterey jack!)

This is really easy! All you do is dump things in! I am not sure I would call it chili, I think it is more like soup but whatever!! I can't remember where I got this!

0 comments: