CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

appetizers..

Okay Chels, I looked through my recipe's from my group and here are a few good ones:
Cheese Ball
8 oz cream cheese
4 oz cheddar cheese (or any kind really)
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds
Blend together cream cheese, cheese and Worcestershire sauce. Form mixture into a ball. Roll in nuts. Wrap ball in plastic wrap and store in fridge... serve with crackers.
There was another cheese ball there that was similar but it had 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp chili powder and 1/4 tsp garlic powder. pretty much the same thing just take out the wor. sauce and replace with these.
Spinach Dip
1 pkg frozen chopped spinach
2 pkgs cream cheese
4 tsp mayo
1/2 red pepper
1/2 red onion
2 cloves garlic...to taste
marble cheese
chips
Thaw spinach on low heat with a little water. Let simmer for another 5 mins. Drain well. Chop onion, pepper and garlic. combine softened cream cheese and mayo in a mixer. add remaining ingds. and mix well. Place in a dish and sprinkle with cheese. Heat dip until warm and melted!
Avocado Lime Salsa
1/3-1/2 white onion
1/3 bunch of cilantro
10 Roma tomatoes
1 avocado
1 lime
Blend the onion and cilantro together first until fine. add tomatoes to the desired thickness. cut the avocado into small pieces. juice the lime and add salt and pepper to taste. Stir all together.
I made the shrimp dip for this night and it was easy. I think the dip Hailey is talking about is the queso dip I always make. It is sooo easy. 1 can no bean chili and 1 pkg cream cheese. If you want more just continue with a 1 to 1 ratio. I just heat it in a crock pot. I will have to say though that my favorite dip is Nancee's jalapeno bean dip in the recipe book. I love this one and it too is very easy. I think it says to use refried beans but I use black beans and I like it better that way! Have fun at your party... you will have to post some of the new appetizers you get for us!!

0 comments: